Last Modified: September 4, 2017
KeepUsPostd allows organizations all across the world to validate their mission by aggregating real-time data in supported areas and share the direct affects of their efforts via social outlets. On our mission to create transparency, we’re dedicated to helping organizations keep us posted.
Information We Collect
There are three basic categories of information we collect:
- Information you choose to give us.
- Information we get when you use our services.
- Information we get from third parties.
Here’s a little more detail on each of these categories.
Information You Choose to Give Us
When you interact with our services, we collect the information that you choose to share with us. For example, most of our services require you to set up a KeepUsPostd account, so we need to collect a few important details about you, such as: a unique organization name to go by, a password, an email address, and a phone number, and your date of birth. To make it easier for others to find you, we may also ask you to provide us with some additional information that will be publicly visible on our services, such as profile pictures, organization logo, a name, or other useful identifying information. Other services, such as commerce products, may also require you to provide us with a debit or credit card number and its associated account information.
Of course, you’ll also provide us whatever information you send through the services, such as ambassador emails. The same common sense that applies to the internet at large applies to KeepUsPostd as well: Don’t send messages or share content that you wouldn’t want someone to save or share.
It probably goes without saying, but we’ll say it anyway: When you contact KeepUsPostd Support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer.
Information We Get When You Use Our Services When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services:
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For example, we may collect information about:
- how you interact with the services, such as which ambassador profiles you view or solicit, which organizations you give or request access to, or which dashboard options you frequent most.
- how you communicate with ambassadors, such as their names, the time and date of your communications, the number of messages you exchange with your ambassadors, which ambassadors you exchange messages with the most, and your interactions with messages (such as when you open a message or capture a screenshot).
- Content Information We collect information about the content you provide or receive, such as if the recipient has viewed the content and the metadata that is provided with the content.
- Device Information. We collect device-specific information, such as the hardware model, operating system version, advertising identifier, unique application identifiers, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information (including the mobile phone number).
- Device Phonebook. Because KeepUsPostd is all about providing transparency through mission supporters, we may—with your consent—collect information from your device’s phonebook.
- Camera Many of our services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera. For example, you won’t be able to send or receive video content from your ambassador’s camera app functionality unless we can access your ambassador’s camera.
- Location InformationWhen you use our services we may collect information about your location. With your consent, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
- Log Information We also collect log information when you use our website. That information includes, among other things:
- details about how you’ve used our services.
- device information, such as your web browser type and language.
- access times.
- pages viewed
- IP address
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser.
- pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
How We Use InformationWhat do we do with the information we collect? The short answer is: Provide you with an awesome products and services that we relentlessly improve. Here are some of the ways we do that:
- develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services.
- send you communications, including by email. For example, we may use email to respond to support inquiries or to share information about our products, services, and promotional offers that we think may interest you.
- monitor and analyze trends and usage.
- personalize the services by, among other things, suggesting friends or profile information, or customizing the content we show you, including ads.
- contextualize your experience by, among other things, tagging your content using your precise location data (if, of course, you’ve consented to us collecting that data) and applying other labels based on the content
- improve ad targeting and measurement, including through the use of your precise location data (again, if you’ve consented to us collecting that data).
- enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
- verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance the services and your experience with them.
- enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies.
How We Share InformationWe may share information about you in the following ways:
- KeepUsPostd Social Media and marketing outlets We may share the following information with other Organizations as a marketing tool:
- any content that is submitted to organizations/businesses/individual or any other crowd-sourced service from their ambassadors using KeepUsPostd services. If an organizations/businesses/individual or any other crowd-sourced service content is shared on the web or broadcast in some other media, it may be viewed by the public at large or rebroadcast by our business partners.
- With other Ambassadors We may share the following information with other Organizations:
- information about you, such as your username, and name.
- information about how you have interacted with the services, such as your KeepUsPostd names of organizations you are ambassadors with, and other information that will help ambassadors understand your connections with others using the services.
- any additional information you have consented for us to share. For example, when you let us access your device phonebook, we may share information about you with other users who have your phone number in their device phonebook.
- content you post or send will be shared with other users; how widely your content is shared depends on your personal settings and the type of service you are using.
- With all KeepUsPostd users, our business partners, and the general public. We may share the following information with all KeepUsPostd users as well as with our business partners and the general public:
- public information like your name, username, organization name and profile pictures.
- any content that you submit to organizations or any other crowd-sourced service. If an organization or any other crowd-sourced service is streamed on the web or broadcast in some other media, it may be viewed by the public at large or rebroadcast by our business partners.
- With our affiliates. We may share information with entities within the KeepUsPostd Corporation family of companies
- With third parties. We may share your information with the following third parties:
- With service providers, sellers, and partners. We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf, sellers that provide goods through our services, and business partners that provide services and functionality.
- With third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation.
- investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations.
- protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others.
- detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
- With third parties as part of a merger or acquisition. If KeepUsPostd Corporation gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
Third-Party Content and IntegrationsThe services may also contain third-party links and search results, include third-party integrations, or offer a co-branded or third-party-branded service. Through these links, third-party integrations, and co-branded or third-party-branded services, you may be providing information (including personal information) directly to the third party, us, or both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party website or service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our services.
Additionally, some companies may use information collected on our services to deliver targeted advertisements on behalf of us or other companies, including on third-party websites and apps.
How Long We Keep Your ContentWe may retain certain information in backup for a limited period of time or as required by law. We may need to retrieve content if we receive valid legal process asking us to preserve certain content or if we receive reports of abuse or other Terms of Service violations. It is important—you should understand that users who see the content you provide can always save it using any number of techniques: screenshots, in-app functionality, or any other image-capture technology. It’s also possible, as with any digital information, that someone might be able to access messages forensically or find them in a device’s temporary storage. We cannot promise that deletion will occur within any specific timeframe.
Control over Your InformationWe want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
- Access and Updates. We strive to let you access and update most of the personal information that we have about you. There are limits though to the requests we’ll accommodate. We may reject a request for a number of reasons, including, for example, that the request risks the privacy of other users, requires technical efforts that are disproportionate to the request, is repetitive, or is unlawful. You can access and update most of your basic account information right in the app by visiting the app’s Settings page. If you need to access, update, or delete other personal information that we may have, you can put in a request through contact us. Because your privacy is important to us, we may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we let you access or update your personal information. We will try to update and access your information for free, but if it would require a disproportionate effort on our part, we may charge a fee. We will of course disclose the fee before we comply with your request.
- Revoking Permissions. If you change your mind about our ongoing ability to collect information from certain sources that you have already consented to, such as your phonebook or location services, you can simply revoke your consent by changing the settings on your device if your device offers those options. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
- Account Deletion. While we hope you’ll remain a lifelong KeepUsPostd user, if for some reason you ever want to delete your account, just go to settings. If you ask to delete your account, you will have up to 30 days to restore your account before we delete your information from our servers.
- Advertising Preferences. We try to show you ads that we think will be relevant to your interests.